Saturday, January 24, 2009

First Birthday!

Maraliese "reading" her birthday card from Grandma and Grandpa Bob.



Izabelle snuggling her chipmunk from Grandma.


Opening their gift from Radley... Noah's Ark Little People. He picked it out from the children's consignment shop and he played with it all day. : )


I made the girls tutus for their birthday and I am hoping to get some 1 year photos of them in their tutus. Notice the teal, hot pink, and black... because if my girls are going to wear a tutu, it has to be a little bit punk rock.


Not sure if they like them!


They both got their own big cupcake. The inside was pumpkin apple harvest cake that I modified with wheat flour, apple juice consecrate instead of sugar and I added raisins. The frosting is cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and a little bit of powdered sugar and it was colored pink with cranberry juice. I made a third cupcake for Robert, Radley, myself to share... and it was so good!!!


Izzy


Izzy


Mara


Mara


Their birthday was actually last Saturday, but I am a lazy blogger! I can't believe we survived twinfants! There were parts of this year that went by painfully slow, but mostly it just flew by... in a state of blur. We have two toddlers now and I think this next year will be really, really fun! Izabelle is silly and spunky. She is loud too. Maraliese is silly, but a bit more mellow (but mellow is not a word to describe any of my kids). Mara loves to talk... not many real words, but she talks! They are both walking fools. They fight over toys and they hug and snuggle. They still sleep together in one big queen bed (well for part of the night... then they move to our bed : ) ) We are so greatful for such healthy fun kids. God has and is teaching Robert and myself so much trough these little ones.... it is hard sometimes, but so, so worth it.

Stats:

Izzy
27 1/4 in
17 lbs.

Mara
27 in
17.2 lbs

2 comments:

The Grout Family said...

Happy Birthday to the twins!! Wow!! Already 1 year old!! The cupcakes sound delicious! i LOVE their tutu's! SO-SO-CUTE!! And i'm guessing they get their 'height' from you?? With being 27 inches at 12 months.....'cause Strummer is already 25-1/2 inches at 3 months! Oh My! heee-hee-hee!

jenn said...

hey lady! time for some updates! and with some sewing adn photography stuff!! :D